In response of Peoples Republic of Bangladesh to increase foreign investment in specialized housing sector "Probashi Palli" is the first and enormous foreign invested Project by Residential & Non Residential Bangladeshis (NRB).
From the dawn of civilization men has built their own habitation on earth, at different places in different environment to meet their needs. Considering its importance and essentiality, habitation is now regarded as one of the basic human rights worldwide. We have achieved our independence 45 years ago. In this long spear of time no one ever thought about, “The Housing for Non Resident Bangladeshis” (NRBs) before us. The chance of investment of their hard-earned foreign currency is limited. Keeping this in mind, Probashi Palli Group has planned to provide some separate and specific housing plan for both Probashi and Shodeshi Bangladeshis of different occupations and classes. Investment in this project will be trustworthy, full of possibilities and future secured.
With the whole hearted support of Bangladeshi government, Foreign Ambassadors and honorable Aristocrats, this Real-estate project is a great sector of investment for both resident and non-resident Bangladeshis’. Our project covers a vast green area enriched with natural beauty and is situated just beside the Rajuk Purbachal Mega City. On 20th June, 2007, we expressed our interest to built Probashi Palli Abashon in a seminar at Hotel Sonargaon at the presence of former Minister Ruhul Amin Hawlader.
Probashi Palli Abashon project has started its journey on 29th January, 2008 with an auspicious program at Hotel Sheraton. In that ceremony, former Advisor of Foreign Ministry Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury. Former Secretary of Land Ministry, former British High Commissioner Anwar Chowdhury. Former Chairman of Bangladesh NGO Federation, former Chairman of British Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce, Officials from Rajuk and some Non Resident Bangladeshi businessmen were present.
In August 2008, a few members of British Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce visited the site of Probashi Palli Abashon. Then they attended a seminar with the Business Advisor, Chairman of Board of Investment, Chairman of BTCL and Chairman of Probashi Palli Group. The team expressed their interest to invest on this project.
In January 2009, Indian British Entrepreneur, Binod Nagrecha of Nagrecha Brothers and Councilor Unmesh Deshai visited the project. Next day they visited former President Zillur Rahman along with the Chairman of Probashi Palli Group. Honorable president explained about the investment opportunities in Bangladesh and ensured to give full support to Probashi Palli Group.
On 29th April 2009, in a convention hall of London the plot handover program of Probashi Palli Abason was held by the presence of Mr. Stifen Tims, Member of British Parliament, former Postal and Tele Communication Minister of Bangladesh Govt. Mr. Rajiuddin Ahmed Raju and former Chief whip Vice Principal Abdus Shahid, MP and many more respected person.
In 2009, UK Bangla Trade Council Along with Probashi Palli Group arranged a seminar, titled “PROBLEM & PROSPERITY REGARDING INVESTMENT OF NRB'S IN BANGLADESH” was held. On that seminar former Advisor of Cabinet Ministry Mr. H.T. Imam was present as the chief guest along with other honorable Parliament members.
On 10th February 2009, former Health Secretary, UK, Frank Devson and Mayor of Camden Nurul Islam Putul with two councilors and 13 members visited Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. They discussed about the future of investment in Bangladesh. On that time, Chairman of Probashi Palli Group Mohammad Mohidur Rahman acknowledged the Prime Minister about Probashi Palli Group. Honorable Prime Minister promised to give all possible support.
With eager willingness of some honorable judges and lawyers of Bangladesh, there planned another project named, “Purbachal Ain Palli”. On 25th July 2010, at the Supreme Court Auditorium the inauguration ceremony of “Purbachal Ain Palli” was held. In that ceremony the chairperson was Chief Judge Md. Fazlul Karim. Special guest were advocate Kamrul Islam MP, Honorable minister of law, justice and parliamentary affairs. Adv. Jahangir Kabir Nanok MP, Honorable pro minister of LGRD and co-operative ministry. Honorable Justice Amirul Kabir Chowdhury, Ex Chairman of Human Rights commission. Adv. Abdul Baset Majumdar, Vice Chairman of Bangladesh Bar Council. Adv. Khondakar Mahbub Hossen, Chairperson, Supreme Court lawyer society. Adv. Mohammad Abdullah Abu, General Secretary Awamy Lawyer Association. Adv. Shariful Islam Babul, Advisor Purbachal Ain Palli. Adv. Md. Nazibullah Hiru, General Secretary Dhaka district, Lawyer Forum.
In this consequence two more projects named “Purbachal Shahporan City” and “Purbachal Shahamanat Nagari” are being started which is now about to established.
Other than that with the interest of former cadets two new project ‘Cadet City-1’ & ‘Cadet City-2’ has been started.
These projects inspire the foreign investment in housing projects of Bangladesh. As a consequence of all these successful investments, our first project Probashi Palli Abason and the first lot booking of Purbachal Probashi Palli will very shortly officially hand-over their plots.
Structural Development of Project Area:
- First largest air-conditioned wholesale clothing market in Bangladesh, adjacent to the Rajuk Purbachal (In the middle of Madhobdi Babur Hut and Bhulta Gawsia at Chonpara Bazar area ).
- International standard Hospital and medical college (At Probashi Palli Project).
- Studio apartments for middle class people. Consecutive plans will be taken for district and upazilla level.
- 5 Mega Watt power plant in purbachal probashi palli project (processing).
Other Concerns of Probashi Palli Group:
- With the brand name Dixon, Probashi Palli Group is running the business of electronics where daily accessories, home appliances are available at a reasonable price.
- Dixon Electronics has enriched showrooms/outlets in Dhaka and all other big cities of Bangladesh.
- “Sobdiker Khobor, Khoborer Sobdik”, with this slogan the daily newspaper named ‘The Daily Ajker Patrika’ of Probashi Palli Group was inaugurated on April 2013, by the presence of the Minister of Information, Hasanul Haq Inu, MP, and Minister of Bangladesh Railway, Mujibul Haque, MP.
- On January 2014, the online version of this daily newspaper was inaugurated by the honorable Minister of Liberation War Affairs,K.M. Mojammel Haque, MP and former chief whip, vice Principal Abdus Shahid, MP.
- The printed version of this newspaper was inaugurated by the honorable Pro Minister of Finance and planning,A. Mannan, MP.
This daily newspaper is now getting enormous popularity even in rural areas.
Probashi Palli Group is also a successful attributer in education sector. It has:
- Mohammad Mohidur Rahman and Brothers Foundation.
- Alhaj M.A. Gani and Mrs. Monwara Khanom Education Trust. Junior scholarship in whole Sylhet division. (2001- till date).
- Monwara Khanom Madrasa scholarship (2009- till date).
- Free model test opportunity for H.S.C and Dakhil Candidates (2010 - till date).
- Late Ayesha Khatun Hifjul Quaran Competition (2011- till date).
- Monwara- Gani Primary School, Dhorgaow, Kamal Bazar, South Surma, Sylhet.
- Mohid-Emdad Primary School, Rustompur, Goainghat, Sylhet.
- Haji Abdul Musabbir Primary School, Sheikh Para, Bishwanath, Sylhet.
- M Khan-Zakaria Khan primary School, Khajansi, Bishwanath, Sylhet.
- Josna-Habib Primary School, Moghla Bazar, South Surma, Sylhet.
Monwara-Gani High School, Kamal Bazar, Sylhet (Proposed).
- Probashi Palli University (proceeding for approval).
- Probashi Palli College (proceeding for approval).
- Ayesha Memorial Girls Madrasa, Talibpur, Kamal Bazar, South Surma, Sylhet (Under Construction).
- Meghdubi M.A Gani Hafijia Madrasa, Pubail, Gazipur.
- 5 Mega Watt power plant in purbachal probashi palli project (under construction).
- 50 Mega Watt power plant at Fenchugonj-Sylhet (Proceeding for approval).
- P.G. Gas project, Mongla (Proceeding for approval).
- Donation by Probashi Palli group at Relief fund of honorable prime minister for fire affected people of Nimtoli, Dhaka.
- With the help of a Bangladesh Army, Probashi Palli Group built a mosque and cyclone shelter at Bakergonj, Barishal.
Beside Housing, Probashi Palli Group Has Some Different Plans on Infrastructural Development.
- Probashi Commercial Bank.
- Probashi Television.
- Probashi Air lines.
- International Standard Resort at Sylhet.
- Establishment of Industries in Bangladesh through foreign investment.
To cope up with emerging world economy, Probashi Palli Group is a proud partner of Bangladesh Government on every sector of development. With the help of Govt. of Bangladesh, Probashi Palli Group is confident to avail a huge amount of secured foreign investment In-Sha-Allah.